Senior Engineer (Infra/Cloud)
Netherlands, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamInfra
Please view the Crunchr career page: https://career.crunchrapps.com.
SOME CONTEXT ABOUT THE ROLE:
The infrastructure team at Crunchr has a unique challenge: Our clients are big companies (3,000-80,000 employees) that need to do massive analysis using postgres queries (on HR data via the Crunchr tool) and need strong guarantees of isolation/security. In order to accomplish this we've created an Ansible/Terraform setup that can bootstrap the entire infrastructure on Openstack. Client servers can be created/updated via a Jenkins interface that other teams use, so that we can focus on development instead of admin tasks. Along the way extra services were added such as:
- Single Sign-On for clients and our own employees
- A data-transfer portal to receive confidential data from clients
- An ETL pipeline to import that data into our databases
- Logging, Monitoring, Error tracking etc.
Most of these services are hosted on our own VPSes using open-source software that is configured via Ansible. Our current challenge is to scale the system from 40 to 400 clients and making it even more self-service for clients. Some of your responsibilities are:
- Maintaining our OpenStack/VPS based infrastructure
- Lead the redesign of our infrastructure towards containerisation
- Supporting the Product Team and Customer Success Team regarding infra issues
- Troubleshooting problems relating to infra
- Participating in stand-ups, retros, code reviews design sessions and risk assessments
Note: this role can be performed partly remote.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- A Master’s degree in computer science or a related field is required.
- At least 8 years of experience as an infra engineer.
- Extensive knowledge of Kubernetes.
- Experience with Terraform, Ansible and CLI Unix tools (such as sshm grep and ping)
- Python programming skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- You are a great fit with our core values.
- And above all: you’d like to develop yourself, our technology and our product to the next level!
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- A role in which you can have great impact, you’ll be part of a scale-up that is building something big!
- A well-connected office in Amsterdam with a beautiful skyline and freshly prepared lunch every day.
- Competitive salary and secondary conditions like a stock option plan and a fully paid pension plan.
Are you, or do you know, someone we should have a chat with? Let us know!