Experienced Back-end Engineer
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, NetherlandsProduct & Tech
Please view the Crunchr career page: https://career.crunchrapps.com.
SOME CONTEXT ABOUT THE ROLE:
Crunchr is looking for an experienced back-end engineer with strong technical skills (front-end experience, or openness to developing these skills would be a plus) who is open to learning and working collaboratively. As part of a feature team you will be collaborating with developers, designers, and other stakeholders to shape, refine, and implement new features. You will contribute to building a solid foundation, enabling the development of valuable features that really help our customers. We have a strong focus on usability so a product mindset will be invaluable for this role. Some of the things you’ll do:
- Write, test, document, and maintain code:
- The back-end is written in Python (Django, SQLAlchemy) and PostgreSQL.
- The front-end is written Angular (TypeScript, Jasmine), RxJS, SCSS, HTML5.
- See our full stack on stackshare.
- Collaborate with the team to identify and refine technical and functional requirements.
- Design and implement APIs with a clear contract; design well-structured models.
- You are not just developing software, but also your colleagues through:
- Code reviews, knowledge sharing, and mentoring.
- Creating and exemplifying technical guidelines.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- You have a degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- You have 5-10 years of experience as an engineer, preferably in a scale-up or start-up environment.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and able to prioritize effectively.
- You can communicate your ideas clearly to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- You are adaptable and willing to work with new technologies and tools.
- You anticipate and address potential scalability and maintainability issues in code.
- You love to innovate, but are respectfully critical of new features.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Front end experience would be a bonus.
- You are a great fit with our core values.
- And above all: you’d like to develop yourself, our technology and our product to the next level!
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- A role in which you can have great impact, you’ll be part of a scale-up that is building something big!
- A well-connected office in Amsterdam with a beautiful skyline and freshly prepared lunch every day.
- Competitive salary and secondary conditions like a stock option plan and a fully paid pension plan.
Are you, or do you know, someone we should have a chat with? Let us know!